Intern, Guest Experience 2020 with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON · DC
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Washington Nationals are currently seeking a Guest Experience Intern for the 2020 season. The Intern’s primary responsibilities will be assisting in helping with each of the Guest Experience team members with projects. They are needed to help ensure that various tasks are completed during the season within a timely manner. The internship program will provide the students with an opportunity to gain valuable experience with a professional baseball organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with Guest Experience Wardrobe, ensuring that uniform inventories are maintained adequately
- Assist with our Guest Experience Lost and Found Program
- Assist the Manager and Director with day to day events
- Assist with TEAM Service Rewards and Recognition Administration
- Assist with set-up, break-down, and distribution of promotional items on game days
- Assist in the production of the operation newsletter and event briefing sheet
- General, clerical office duties (i.e. filing and data entry)
- Help greet and direct guests to areas in the ballpark upon their arrival
- Ability to assist in non-game day events with staffing and operations
- Assist with scheduling and management of Nationals Ballpark Tours
- Develop a working knowledge of Nationals Park
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Currently enrolled or just completed an under graduate or graduate program of an accredited College or University.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Successfully complete a Background Investigation.
- Be available for the entire length of the Internship Program.
- Intern is not entitled to a job at the conclusion of the Program.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and able to provide excellent customer service.
- Communicate articulately and detail oriented.
- Lift objects weighing up to 40 lbs may be required.
- Multi-tasker with the ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Ability to remain calm and positive under stressful situations and project a professional image at all times.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work during the days and evening for games throughout the season
- Conditions are normal for an office environment and there may be occasional weekend and/or evening duties.
- Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue.
- Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees.
How did you hear about this job?