Intern, Guest Experience - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Washington Nationals are currently seeking a Guest Experience Intern for the 2021 season. The intern’s primary responsibilities will be assisting with the day-to-day operations of the Guest Experience department. This internship program will provide the student with an opportunity to gain valuable experience in guest experience and ballpark operations with a professional baseball organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the coordination and booking of all Ballpark Tours
- Assist with the execution of the TEAM Service Rewards and Recognition Program
- Produce and create the monthly Guest Experience newsletter and the Game Day Information sheet
- Assist the Coordinator with ensuring purchasing inventories are accurate and maintained
- Assist with the Nationals Lost and Found Program when needed
- Assist the Manager, Coordinator, and Director with day to day events and projects
- Assist with the staffing and operations of non-gameday events
- Assist with set up, break down and distribution of promotional items
- General clerical office duties, filing and data entry and other duties as assigned
- Develop a working knowledge of Nationals Park
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Successfully complete a Background Investigation
- Must be available to work a max of 35 hours a week, nights, and weekends; no exceptions
- Must be available to work until the end of the season in October
- Intern is not entitled to a job at the conclusion of the Program
No direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Communicate articulately and detail oriented.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and able to provide excellent customer service.
- Multi tasker with the ability to work on multiple projects at once.
- Ability to remain calm and positive under stressful situations and project a professional image at all times.
- Lift objects weighing up to 40 lbs. may be required
- Conditions are normal for an office environment and there may be occasional weekend and/or evening duties.
- Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue.
- Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees.