Intern, Enchant Operations - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Reporting to the Director, Events, the intern will support the event production process from inception to day-of event managing for Enchant Christmas. The Enchant Operations intern will support both the management of event set-up, planning, and operations for Enchant Christmas at Nationals Park. The intern will work collaboratively with the Ballpark Operations Events team to provide a variety of services including account management, event planning and execution, and post event execution.
The intern must be available for the entire term of the internship (November 2021 through January 2022) and must be available to work frequent nights, weekends, and holidays.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with planning and coordination of Operations for Enchant Christmas
- Support the Ballpark Operations event staff to manage execution of all events to ensure efficient and high quality event production leading to customer satisfaction
- Produce and create the daily Enchant Event Information Sheet and attend and contribute in post-event debriefs
- Oversee Enchant booth set-ups and activations
- Assist with logistics needs for Enchant including but not limited to entertainment, audio/visual, and room setup
- Manage special projects in support of Ballpark Operations department
- Provide other administrative support to Events Department as needed
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Exceptional organization skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude with dedication to a well-executed final product
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with Ungerboeck (event booking software) and Social Tables (event diagramming software) preferred but not required
- Interest in event operations and management
Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employees will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.