Intern, Community Relations 2020 with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON · DC
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
This position is responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the Washington Nationals Community Relations department. This internship will run for the duration of 42 weeks (approximately 10 months), mid-January through early November. This is a paid internship that will require 34 hours a week, including nights and weekends based on the game schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the fulfillment and distribution of autographed memorabilia and tickets to community groups;
- Take a lead role in the implementation, tracking and reporting of all tickets donated through the Community Ticket Grant program;
- Assist in the planning and execution of Community Relations events and programming;
- Assist with gameday programming including meet and greets, VIP game-day experiences, pregame ceremonies, and in-game activations;
- Assist in the Uniform Program merchandise management and distribution;
- Assist in the development and evaluation of K-12 educational programming;
- Manage and conduct inventory of CR storage areas, including autographed items, uniform program merchandise and giveaway items;
- Join CR staff in meetings with community and civic groups;
- Receive and route incoming mail, phone, and e-mail requests, responding when appropriate; Other duties as assigned by the Community Relations department.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate (completed a minimum of one year) or graduate student of an accredited College or University, or a recent graduate (within six months);
- Graduate student with coursework in Sport Management, Social Welfare, K-12 Education, Communications or Community Outreach preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer) required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required;
- Must have the ability to appropriately handle challenging situations and coordinate large groups of people with customer service in mind;
- Must present self in a professional manner to interact with fans of all ages, sponsors, and game day guests, and on occasion, players and their families;
- Ideal candidate will be a details-minded, energetic self-starter with an outgoing personality;
- Must demonstrate consistent and punctual attendance and be available for the duration of the internship;
- Interest in community relations work required,
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment, however the position will have gameday responsibilities that may include exposure to weather conditions including extreme temperatures;
- The position will require walking throughout the facility, as well as standing for extended periods of time;
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds;
- Must have a flexible schedule that allows for the possibility of working a combination of days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
How did you hear about this job?