Intern, Business Analytics 2020 with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON · DC
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
This position, reporting to the Director, Revenue Strategy & Analytics, is responsible for producing data-driven analyses and recommendations to support marketing and revenue generating departments. This position will require knowledge and ability to extract data and produce insights from myriad sources, including the Nationals’ data warehouse and external secondary research. Strong written and oral communications skills will be required in producing documents to be presented to senior Nationals executives, including the Vice President of Business Strategy & Analytics and Executive Vice President of Business Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to analytics projects, applying a wide range of methodologies, to support decision-making in revenue generating departments
- Conduct secondary research as needed, including information gathering from industry associations and research companies
- Develop a deep understanding of the Nationals’ key data sources and integration points within the Nationals’ data warehouse
- Conduct ROI analysis on various marketing campaigns to assess effectiveness
- Conduct analyses on ancillary revenue streams (e.g. parking, concessions, merchandise) and develop optimal sales and marketing strategy
- Develop, execute, and analyze surveys to provide meaningful and actionable insights to appropriate departments
- Produce compelling presentations to visualize key observations and insights
- Create and synthesize business management dashboards and reports for marketing and revenue generating departments, primarily through Tableau platform
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Must be a rising senior in a top undergraduate program, majoring in engineering, mathematics, business, economics or a closely related field
- Strong academic record
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Ability to extract key insights from large, unstructured datasets and synthesize into key recommendations for leadership
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required
- Proficiency in data visualization tool (Tableau) preferred
- Strong attention to detail required
- Ability to work as a member of a fast-paced and cross-functional team
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability—a self-starter
- Excellent communication skills and ability to tailor and present key messages to the appropriate audience
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
How did you hear about this job?