Intern, Ballpark Enterprises - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Washington Nationals are actively searching for an individual who has a passion for live events and is committed to providing excellence in the form of developing client relationships and fan experience. As a member of our team, you will gain experience that extends beyond creating and executing great events; you will also develop skills to be a better sales professional, customer service representative, creative marketer and an effective team player.
Ballpark Enterprises is responsible for selling non-game day events at Nationals Park, including concerts, festivals, sporting events and corporate events. The Ballpark Enterprises intern will help the department generate revenue by supporting the sales, marketing and execution of non-game day events, with a specific focus on our holiday season signature event, Enchant.
This paid internship will require individual to be on-site maximum of 34 hours a week. The intern must be available for the entire term of the internship (November 2021 through January 2022) and must be available to work frequent nights, weekends, and holidays.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Record event leads from inbound channels (i.e. website, advertising platforms, etc.) into CRM
- Respond to and troubleshoot inquiries from Nationals Park Events hotline and Events email
- Assist Events Coordinator with processing department paperwork: contracts, invoicing, vouchers, purchase orders, event spec sheets and other documents
- Support sales and operations teams with set up and execution of private hospitality events during Enchant
- Support the sales team in identifying prospects for future event business
- Support the sales team in creating proposals as well as planning and executing client site visits
- Brainstorm new and unique concepts for special events to be hosted at Nationals Park and present findings to the Ballpark Enterprises team
- Conduct research to understand trends in the D.C. events market and identify opportunities for sales team
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Proficient in MS Office applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Understanding of various marketing methods including social media, website, and email
- Prior experience working in the events, hospitality, and/or sports industry preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to analyze and present information in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. The intern must be available must be available to work frequent nights, weekends, and holidays from November through January.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.