Intern, Authentics 2020 with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON · DC
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Authentics Intern will work directly with the Nationals Authentics program. Their duties will include, but are not limited to, assisting in the planning of game-used/memorabilia program throughout the 81 game season, managing inventory of items, assessing product needs and placing supply orders, as well as fulfilling all point-of-sale orders throughout the season (requests, pre-orders, gameday kiosk, etc).
This person must maintain a high degree of professionalism, protecting the privacy and confidential nature of working with professional athletes. The ideal candidate would be pursuing a degree in business or sports management, have exceptional organizational skills, background in sports, and strong customer service skills. Sports memorabilia knowledge is a plus. Must be available to work all 81 games and stay for the entire length of the internship of March-October.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Authentics Program Manager with execution of game-used memorabilia collection
- Assist in the assessment of product needs/supplies and place orders accordingly
- Assist in the management of all inventory related to game-used and autographed memorabilia, including gameday kiosk, Nationals Team Store and other points-of-sale
- Work closely with MLB Authenticators in game day fulfilling requests
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sports Management, or Related Field
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a sports related position
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Must be available to work all 81 home games and other marketing events which will include nights and weekends
- Must have a high degree of professionalism
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge and understanding of baseball
- Interest in sports marketing, entertainment and baseball as a career preferred.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 45 lbs.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Gameday Seasonal: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
How did you hear about this job?