Intern, Advertising with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON · DC
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Advertising Intern will receive a wide variety of tasks assigned to them by the Marketing and Advertising Senior Director. Tasks will include (but are not limited to): assisting in game day broadcast preparation, compiling advertising samples, assisting in organizing and developing advertising requests, analyzing various digital measures and other advertising needs. This person will also be responsible for assisting the Brand Marketing Department during any promotions and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in creating and programming broadcast live reads with local radio and television stations.
- Track radio and broadcast assets and compile weekly reports.
- Collect publications and examples of assets that contain Nationals advertisements.
- Assist with programming marketing messages for in-game placements.
- Assist with compiling email marketing content and proofreading messages.
- Compile and analyze results for digital display ads and email messages to identify issues, trends, opportunities and ROI.
- Assist with delivery of advertising collateral to the community and media partners.
- Assist with maintaining calendars for creative requests, email messages and event activations.
- Research best practices and compile advertising samples from other MLB clubs and sports teams.
- Assist with developing integrated marketing campaigns throughout the season and compile detailed summaries and results.
- Assist with compiling content updates for nationals.com marketing pages
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a sports related position
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Must be available to work 9 AM-4 PM Monday through Friday with the potential for gameday work.
- Must have a high degree of professionalism
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Working knowledge of Google Docs and Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Creative Suite with an emphasis on Photoshop is preferred
- Work may require occasional gameday, weekend and/or evening work.
- Job may require employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee may be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee may be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
Experience Preferred: Intern
How did you hear about this job?