Hospitality Host with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON · DC
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Event Guest Relations
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
At Nationals Park our team members create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest has left our facility, the experience stays with them. As the premier sports venue in the Nation’s Capital and the World Champions, we set the standard for in game experiences in Major League Baseball. The candidate for this position promotes a positive and professional image at all times and enjoys interacting with guests from various backgrounds and cultures. The position focuses on providing a personal and luxurious experience for our valued guests by providing superior hospitality and having exceptional knowledge of the ballpark and its amenities. This individual works exclusively with guests in our Premium Clubs and Suites as well as our special event cliental to accommodate their needs, fulfill requests and coordinate services for the guests with other departments. This individual promotes the Nationals in a positive manner at all times and understands that they have the ability to impact each premium guest’s experience and does everything that they can to enhance the it while abiding by company policies. Exceptional presentation and communication skills are required.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet and greet all guests entering Nationals Park, check for valid tickets when necessary.
- Communicating with other departments to facilitate and ensure the enjoyment of our premium and event guests
- Must be able to respond to change in a positive and productive way
- Provide information about local features such as shopping, dining, nightlife, and recreational destinations
- Maintain a working knowledge of guest’s likes, needs and habits to set up complimentary services and anticipate desires for future visits.
- Maintains a proactive approach in engaging SPH to utilize their membership to the fullest, often initiating contact.
- Ability to think on your feet and under pressure while maintaining a positive outlook and attention to detail
- Be personal and pro-active in providing assistance to all guests with the highest level of customer service and hospitality.
- Promote future games, events and retail items to guests
- Build customer loyalty and good will on behalf of the Nationals Organization
- Assist guests by providing accurate directions to seating section and key attractions within Nationals Park and surrounding areas i.e. parking lots and Metro.
- Retain an extensive knowledge of the team, Nationals Park layout, seating sections, key venue attractions, key team and venue personnel identity, and emergency activity procedures.
- Enforce venue, team and league rules, regulations and policies.
- In the event of an emergency, assist in evacuating Nationals Park, while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Perform daily safety and security checks within assigned area as well as throughout the stadium; report all substandard or inadequate findings to supervisory staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/equivalent or equivalent military experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a customer service or hospitality role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Must be age 18 or older.
- Nice, warm and courteous.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and able to provide excellent customer service and hospitality.
- Communicate articulately.
- Maintain a professional appearance and grooming.
- Able to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb stairs.
- Must be a team player who is able to work well in a fast paced environment.
- Must be available to work 80% of all Nationals events games.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Previous experience in venue events.
- Associates Degree in relative field or 3-5 years’ experience
Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
ExperiencePreferred Part Time
How did you hear about this job?