GUEST EXPERIENCE SUPERVISOR with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON, DC
Do you consider yourself a leader? Are you a team player? Do you have a passion for providing exceptional customer service?
A candidate for this position promotes positive and professional image at all times. This individual is responsible for closely supervising Guest Experience staff members who are providing world class customer service and hospitality to all guests entering Nationals Park. This individual understands that they have the ability to impact each guest’s experience, and does everything that they can to enhance the experience while abiding my company policies.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Guest Experience Game Day Staff on specified team.
- Ensure all staff on team is at their post on time, in uniform.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting prior to every event with team ensuring all pertinent information is distributed.
- Meet and greet all guests entering Nationals Park, check for valid tickets when necessary.
- Be personal and pro-active in providing assistance to all guests with the highest level of customer service and hospitality.
- Assist guests by providing accurate directions to seating section and key attractions within Nationals Park and surrounding areas i.e. parking lots and Metro.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationship with those contacted in the course of work.
- Receive and quickly act upon requests or complaints from guests; refer serious problems to management.
- Retain an extensive knowledge of the team, Nationals Park layout, seating Sections, key venue attractions, key team and venue personnel identity, and emergency activity procedures.
- Enforce venue, team and league rules, regulations and policies.
- Provide immediate assistance to and emergency notification of guests in the event of an accident or injury.
- In the event of an emergency, assist in evacuating Nationals Park, while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Monitor all public areas to maintain order and safety.
- Perform daily safety and security checks within assigned area as well as throughout the stadium; report all substandard or inadequate findings to supervisory staff.
- Cohesively work in conjunction with other departments, including Metropolitan Police Department, security, food service, box office, retail, parking, custodial/housekeeping, and maintenance. Develop relationships with partner company supervisors within your area of responsibility.
- Manage all direct reports and ensure that all duties assigned to them are properly handled. Ensure that all reports are “Coached for Success” as needed to maintain the highest level of staff possible.
- Conduct mid season Employee Evaluations for all team members; work with Manager of Guest Experience to ensure all documentation is properly filed.
- Perform additional functions and activities as directed by the Manager, Guest Experience.
- Assist with recruiting, hiring, and training of event staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Degree or equivalent military experience and
- Previous experience supervising multiple staff in a customer service role.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Ability to interact well with fellow employees and the general public.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills; Ability to interact with people of all different levels and backgrounds.
- Understands how to manage information, balancing employee confidentiality with business needs; knows when to communicate information upward.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access preferred.
- Understands need for data integrity and pays attention to maintaining accurate and timely data.
- Proven ability to lead effectively in a team environment with employees.
- Nice, warm and courteous.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and able to provide excellent customer service and hospitality.
- Maintain a professional appearance and grooming.
- Able to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb stairs.
- Must be a team player who is able to work well in a fast paced environment
- Available to work 90% of all Nationals home games
- Available to work large non-baseball events throughout the year as needed.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
- Part Time