Guest Experience Representative - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
A candidate for this position promotes a positive and professional image at all times. This individual is responsible for providing world class customer service and hospitality to all guests entering Nationals Park. This individual understands that they have the ability to impact each guest’s experience, and does everything that they can to enhance the experience while abiding by company policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet and greet all guests entering Nationals Park, check for valid tickets when necessary.
- Be personal and pro-active in assisting all guests with the highest level of customer service and hospitality.
- Assist guests by providing accurate directions to seating section and key attractions within Nationals Park and surrounding areas i.e. parking lots and Metro.
- Receive and quickly act upon requests or complaints from guests; refer serious problems to supervisory staff.
- Retain an extensive knowledge of the team, Nationals Park layout, seating Sections, key venue attractions, key team and venue personnel identity, and emergency activity procedures.
- Enforce all venue, team and league rules, regulations and policies.
- Provide immediate assistance to and emergency notification of guests in the event of an accident or injury.
- In the event of an emergency, assist in evacuating Nationals Park, while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationship with those contacted in the course of work.
- Monitor all public areas to maintain order and safety.
- Perform daily safety and security checks within assigned area as well as throughout the stadium; report all substandard or inadequate findings to supervisory staff.
- Cohesively work in conjunction with other departments, including security, food service, box office, retail, parking, custodial/housekeeping, maintenance and Metropolitan Police Department.
- Perform additional functions and activities as directed by the Manager, Guest Experience.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Degree/GED or equivalent military experience
- Previous experience in a customer service role
- Previous experience in venue events
- Computer access and proficiency to submit work availability and view schedule
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Able to stand for long periods of time. Walk long distances, and climb stairs.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and able to provide excellent customer service and hospitality.
- Communicate articulately.
- Maintain a professional appearance and grooming.
- Must be a team player who is able to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Available to work at least 60 Nationals home games
- High activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue
- May work at heights
- May be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees
- Able to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs.
- Able to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
- High School or better