EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT, YOUTH BASEBALL ACADEMY with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON, DC
The Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy (“Academy”) is a year-round educational and athletic facility with a mission of using baseball and softball as vehicles to foster positive character development, academic achievement, and improved health among at-risk Washington, D.C., youth. The Academy’s operations are overseen by a full-time staff, and supported by senior leadership of the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation (“Foundation”), the Nationals’ philanthropic umbrella organization. The Academy is looking for an Executive Assistant to support senior Academy team members and professionalize the overall Academy operation.
The Academy seeks an energetic, highly organized, collaborative and team-oriented Executive Assistant (EA) to become an integral and cross-functional member of its team. The EA will be responsible for providing the organization’s Executive Director and other YBA team members with the support needed to successfully manage a growing, high-impact organization. This individual must be comfortable interacting with internal and external stakeholders, and must be willing to take on a widely diverse set of tasks and projects. The role provides direct support to the Academy’s Executive Director, Director of Business Operations and additional staff as directed.
The top candidate will be an early-career professional with an interest in all aspects of non-profit management and the ability to coordinate multiple parties, consolidate, analyze/organize and distribute key information, and have a positive, can-do attitude. The top candidate will also exhibit a proven passion for social impact and find professional satisfaction in helping teammates succeed. This person will be technologically-oriented and data savvy, knowledgeable of social media and aware of current approaches for streamlining effort - particularly as it pertains to non-profit management and operation.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as Academy’s operational and communications hub, connecting the dots between teams, projects and resources, anticipating needs and proactively solving problems before they arise.
- Manage all scheduling and related logistics for the Executive Director, ensuring that agendas are clearly articulated and that adequate preparation is completed. Ensure that daily and weekly schedules are maintained.
- Coordinate all work-related travel and expense tracking for Executive Director.
- Manage meeting coordination for internal and external stakeholders, including room reservation and materials preparation
- Prepare presentation materials and provide Executive Director and other senior staff with direct support regarding preparation for quarterly Academy Board Meetings
- Provide event planning and administrative support for the Academy as a whole including retreats, off-sites, celebrations and internal staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Dedication to the Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy’s mission and core values
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent military experience
- Highly-organized and detail-oriented
- Self-starter with ability to take initiative and thrive when managing overlapping projects and timelines
- Belief that no task is too large or too small
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the confidence to ask questions of senior staff Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to think and plan ahead
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.