Electrician - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
Reporting to the Executive Director, Facilities, the Electrician is responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures at Nationals Park. The position ensures that work is in accordance with relevant codes. May install or service intercom systems or electrical control systems.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, and repair of all the electrical systems and electrical equipment.
- Ensure that all repair and or construction electrical work is completed in accordance with the relevant regulatory codes.
- Determine the causes of any electrical failures and make the decision on how to repair the malfunction using the appropriate tools.
- Determine and perform routine maintenance on specific electric equipment.
- Responsible for conducting tests and inspections of equipment and services for the purpose of evaluating the performance of electrical equipment and systems.
- Ensure all electrical work conducted within the facility is in compliance with the National Electric Code and with state and local building codes.
- Inspect electrical equipment and locate and correct problems before breakdowns occur.
- Hook up temporary “event” service requirements ensuring compliance with regulatory codes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent GED. Or equivalent military experience,
- Four or more years of electrician experience or a combination of education/specialized training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Possession of a journeyman electrician’s license.
- Understand the electrical systems throughout facility.
- Required to read and understand building blueprints.
- Basic knowledge of PC based computer applications.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, contractors, and facility users.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including early mornings, days, evenings, overnight, weekends, holidays, extended workdays, and a number of consecutive days.
- Ability and eagerness to work in team oriented maintenance department where daily work activities will include tasks both within and outside of specific trade disciplines.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Maintenance: Worker will be subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme heat, extreme cold, noise, hazards and atmospheric conditions (fumes, odor, dust, mists, gases or poor ventilation). This position may require walking long distances, climbing ladders, standing for long periods of time, and lifting objects up to 50 lbs.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.
- High School or better