Director, Human Resources - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic HR Partnership:
- Collaborate with business leaders to understand business goals and align HR strategies accordingly.
- Act as a strategic partner to business leaders, providing insights and guidance on HR matters.
- Advocate of all DE&I initiatives with a passion for fostering an open and inclusive culture within the company and in our community.
- Lead and mentor a team of HRBPs, providing direction, guidance, and support.
- Foster a high-performance culture within the HRBP team and contribute to the professional development of team members.
- Oversee talent acquisition, employee development, and succession planning initiatives.
- Partner with business leaders to identify key talent and ensure effective talent retention strategies.
- Develop and implement a robust onboarding program that aligns with the company's values, culture, and business objectives.
- Oversee the exit interview process and determine the underlying reasons for separation of employment. Provide data to support trends and participate in action planning to correct any organizational concerns.
- Handle complex employee relations issues, investigations, and resolutions.
- Ensure fair and consistent application of policies and procedures across the organization.
- Develop and administer employee recognition programs.
- Oversee Unemployment Insurance practice and work with and provide direction to the Human Resources Business Partners in responding to unemployment claims.
- Drive organizational development and change management initiatives to support business growth and transformation.
- Implement programs to enhance employee engagement, productivity, and satisfaction.
HR Metrics and Analytics:
- Utilize HR metrics and analytics to assess the effectiveness of HR programs and make data-driven recommendations for improvement.
- Manage and administer the Year End Performance Management and Salary Planning Program.
Compliance and Risk Management:
- Stay abreast of labor laws and regulations, ensuring the organization's compliance.
- Mitigate HR-related risks through proactive policies, procedures, and training.
- Collaborate with Benefits Director and HRIS Director to ensure a holistic approach to HR service delivery.
- Work closely with business leaders to understand and address specific HR needs within different departments.
- Minimum of 10 years of exempt level human resources experience.
- Minimum of 6 years of proven experience in HRBP roles, with a minimum of 6 years in leadership positions.
- Must be proficient in UKG and know how use the Business Intelligence, Compensation, Back Office, and Business Rules functionality.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to translate business goals into effective HR strategies.
- Strong analytical abilities with the experience of developing and analyzing metrics to enable business decisions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- In-depth knowledge of HR best practices, employment laws, and regulations.
- Must be process focused and demonstrated achievement of significant key business goals.
- Must demonstrate strong decision making and judgment, oral and written communication, business acumen skills.
- Prior experience working in the sports & entertainment industry.
- Four-year college degree in Human Resources or related field of study.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
- Knowledge of all pertinent US federal and state employment laws.
- MUST have the ability to coach and guide HR team in understanding and establishing industry best practices.
- MUST possess the ability to coach managers and employees through complex, difficult and emotional issues.
- Project Management skills and ability to multitask, establish priorities, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and HRIS systems.
- Excellent oral & written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective and constructive relationships by being attentive and responsive and show honesty and integrity when dealing with people.
- Understand how to manage information, balancing employee confidentiality with business needs; knows when to communicate upwards.
- Team and/or sports experience preferred.
- Knowledge of MLB policies and procedures preferred.
- Occasional evening & weekend work may be required.
- Minimal travel required.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment.