Data Engineer, Baseball Research & Development with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON · DC
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
Marketing: Database Marketing/Analytics
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Washington Nationals are seeking a data engineer to join their Baseball Research & Development team. The role will focus on building solutions for importing, storing, and delivering datasets to support the work of data analysts and software developers in the baseball R&D group.
The Washington Nationals are committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain database systems to support the needs of data analysts, software developers, and front office staff.
- Oversee the import of baseball datasets from various sources and ensure data quality and integrity.
- Build solutions for integrating datasets from different sources.
- Explore new technologies or possible improvements to our data infrastructure.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, information science, or related experiences.
- 3+ years of experience working with SQL database systems (MySQL, MariaDB, PostrgreSQL). Understanding of relational database schema design.
- Working knowledge of NoSQL database systems, such as MongoDB.
- Fluent in a scripting language such as bash, Python, or R.
- Experience working on Linux systems.
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms, such as AWS.
- Willing to relocate to Washington, DC.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Independent worker with close attention to detail.
- Creative and analytical thinker.
- Ability to write and communicate clearly and effectively.
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills related to programming, databases, and using software tools.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – together.
Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
How did you hear about this job?