Coordinator, VIP Services - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Other
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
This position serves as the primary contact/liaison for the Ownership Group and VIP guests, for the purpose of providing them with VIP treatment during their visits at the ballpark. This position is responsible for providing exemplary hospitality and customer service to Nationals VIPs through effective telephone, written and interpersonal skills as well as the highest level of confidentiality and discretion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
VIP Client Services Management
- Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive manual that addresses all VIP needs including policies, procedures and protocols in accomplishing and anticipating the needs of VIPs (i.e. tickets, hospitality, player requests and merchandise needs).
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with VIPs as well as provide exceptional customer service.
- Escort VIPs to batting practice, facilitate tours and other special experiences.
- Manage all ticket and parking requests and make purchases from team store as requested.
- Facilitate any special in-game requests such as scoreboard greetings, mascot appearances, etc.
- Maintain a supply of programs, autographed merchandise, hats and giveaway items for guests on game nights while keeping an accurate inventory of the items.
- Manage VIP suites each homestand.
- Assist in special event coordination.
- Book domestic and international travel for front office personnel and various guests.
- Support Manager, Administration and VIP Services with special projects (i.e. Office Clean-Up Day, executive meetings, general administrative support).
- Support Office Services department when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent degree in a field of Business Administration, Hospitality, or Public Relations
- Minimum of three (3) years management experience in event production or customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities and experience.
- Prior experience in corporate, entertainment and social event management and planning is desired.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Knowledge and proficiency in Internet communications technologies, (e-mail, Web, blogs, etc.) and MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to take initiative, remain highly organized and meticulous with detail, and demonstrate strong multi-tasking capability.
- Exemplary writing and verbal skills, along with outstanding communications and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and dependable.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as ability to make decisions and solve problems as an individual.
- Maintain the highest level of discretion and confidentiality.
- Team and/or sports experience.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Frequent evening, weekend and holiday work is required
- Gameday: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
Education Preferred Bachelors or better