Coordinator, Purchasing - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Reporting to the Director, Purchasing, the Coordinator, Purchasing works with the Manager, Purchasing and Director, Purchasing to prepare bids and requisition purchases for the entire organization. The focus of the position is to ensure that all purchases are completed using the Nationals agreed upon purchasing and procurement procedures and contain all necessary documentation. The Purchasing Coordinator interacts with all departments in the organization and all levels of management to properly document each purchase requisition.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Nationals’ employees to gather the appropriate information to insure that all controls are followed and all necessary documentation is obtained in order to obtain approval for purchasing tangible goods.
- Obtain bids on requested purchase & following through to the purchase after the most competitive bid has been determined and approved.
- Work in conjunction with our Office Service department to ensure we are always in stock for employee needs for break rooms; will be in charge of Finance’s office supplies and requests
- Manage your workflow so that bids, purchases and documentation is executed in a timely and efficient manner
- Reviewing and ensuring the purchase requisition is completed and signed off by appropriate levels of management.
- Directing the vendors whom the purchase requisition is with to obtain and procure the goods that are requested by the departments. Coordinate the purchase and delivery of the goods.
- Work with your manager to develop relationships with diverse suppliers and engage their businesses into our bid and purchasing functions
- Educate and train various Nationals’ employees as to the prescribed controls and documentation to be followed in the Purchasing/Procurement process.
- Work closely with all members of Accounts Payable to ensure they have all the necessary documentation to pay invoices received.
- Assists in scheduling meetings, including arranging facilities, equipment, etc.
- Makes appointments and maintains a calendar for internal department heads as necessary
- Assists with Opening, screening and distributing mail, faxes, shipments, etc.; prepares outgoing mail, faxes, shipments, etc. including special handling requirements such as overnight delivery
- Assists with maintaining Insurance Certification Documentation both electronically and in hard copy of Finance
- Gather back-up/support on a monthly basis for the WNBC PNC Purchasing Credit Card and its reconciliation
- Maintains records and files in the Finance File room, Dead Storage, including highly confidential files and documents, some of which could have serious impact on the Organization if disclosed
- Completes the input of purchase orders into Great Plains
- Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Purchasing & Manager of Purchasing
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Detail oriented with solid organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work effectively as part of a Team
- The ability to work quickly and accurately
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with all departments and all levels of personnel within the site and the corporate office
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.