Coordinator, Guest Experience with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON · DC
The Coordinator of Guest Experience is responsible for all necessary administrative activities required to manage a large part time staff including but not limited to; recruiting, administering all necessary new hire paperwork and Human Resources paperwork, uniform distribution, issuing employee credentials, staff scheduling and time keeping and payroll processing. The Coordinator of Guest Experience also assists the Sr. Manager of Guest Experience in scheduling event staff and supports the day-to-day operations at the ballpark.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for scheduling staff for baseball and non-baseball events
- Actively assist the Director of Guest Experience with the administration of the TEAM Service Rewards and Recognition Program
- Responsible for providing the highest level of customer service to all guests and team members
- Communicates effectively (oral and written) in response to guest and team member comments/suggestions/complaints
- Provides office support for guests and team member hotline calls, emails, and letters
- Responsible for the tracking of all training programs using ABI system
- Assist in team member incentives and events; create additional opportunities for recognition and rewards
- Ensures proper staffing levels have been met for all events and that staff members are on time and in uniform
- Coordinate the collection, input, and documentation of all required employee information for part-time event staff
- Assist in administering the scheduling and payroll system; efficiently manage an event staff of over 400 employees
- Oversee and manage all purchasing for the department
- Coordinate the recruiting, hiring, and training of seasonal staff in partnership with senior management
- Oversee and manage Guest Experience interns
- Assist the Manager of Guest Experience and Ballpark Tours with tour administration, logistics and scheduling
- Assist in training and development of event staff, prior and during the season
- Create and distribute Game Day sheet and supplemental documents for each ballpark event
- Analyze post-event documents and complete necessary tasks at the conclusion of each event
- Promptly respond to all scheduling and payroll questions from event staff ; forward suggestions, comments and complaints to management in order for issues to be addressed expeditiously
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or 5 years plus of documented experience in a related field
- 1-2 years related management experience with Customer Service skills in a public facility; such as a stadium, hospitality, or entertainment venue
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- The ability to work independently and to manage priorities
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Communicates changes effectively
- Works with integrity and high ethical standards
- Goal driven and sets high standards of achievement
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- Gameday: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
- Bachelors or better
How did you hear about this job?