Coordinator, Events with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON · DC
Reporting to the Senior Director, Events, the Coordinator, Events, will assist the Ballpark Operations events department with the administrative tasks supporting the execution of internal, external and game-day events. The Coordinator will focus the majority of her/his efforts on the administrative elements of the department, while also assisting the events team in the execution of larger internal and external events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the administrator for the Game Day facility report, keeping track of all suite and private event spaces sales on all game-days.
- Attend all ticket sales meetings to cross-reference ticket reporting against the facility report
- Communicate with Levy Restaurants about specific suite needs when necessary
- Work closely with Premium Services and Ticket Sales department on suite needs
- Cross-reference capabilities of private event spaces and represent BPO Events in conversations about operational questions concerning game day event activations within those spaces.
- Process all purchase reqs, contracts, deal sheets, and other required paperwork for event supplies related to the department
- Maintain and distribute calendars to all team service partners for event support, in partnership with the Event Managers.
- Receive and distribute all invoices, processing payment for applicable internal department needs and distributing to other departments for processing when appropriate
- Manage inventory and purchasing of internal event supplies, in conjunction with the Manager, Ballpark Operations
- Assist the Events Team in the execution of game-day and non-game day internal and external events.
- Support the Assistant Manager, Events on the execution of internal trainings and game day events.
- Manage internal and external relationships with clients and departments to ensure open lines of communications involving all event details.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Communications, or other related field
- Minimum of 1 year of experience (internships included) in event production and operational management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and dependable.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate with internal team, cross-functional team, and external parties.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Internet communications technologies, (e-mail, web, etc.) and MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Preferred to be familiar with floor plan layouts and event management terminology.
- Preferred knowledge of event management software, including Ungerboeck Software International and Social Tables.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work will require weekend and/or evening work.
- Game-Day and Event: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.