BOX OFFICE SUPERVISOR with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON, DC
The Box Office Ticket Seller Supervisor directly assists the Manager, Box Office by supervising and developing, and motivating the front line window staff on game and non-game days. This position is one of the first points of contact for ticket window staff, assisting with all customer service related items such as questions, ticketing issues, purchases and policies. On non-game days, this position works a window handling ticketing issues and questions, and purchases for Nationals Park events. This is a seasonal position which will run from the start of ticket sales to the end of the season, with occasional required weekend and evening hours; position is paid on an hourly basis.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for helping hold accountability to ensure seasonal staff is doing all that is expected from a Washington Nationals employee.
- Responsible for delivering exceptional customer service at all times, ensuring that frontline staff members are doing the same.
- Responsible for being a point-of-contact for sellers to field questions on policies and procedures, ticketing related items, and general questions.
- Resolve escalated complaints, research and solve ticketing issues.
- Responsible for effectively communicating with guests and staff with the help and guidance of the Ticket Operations department.
- Effectively communicate with the Ticket Operations staff and directly with the Box Office Manager on daily activities, escalated issues, and necessary staff performance items.
- Actively work ticket windows as needed on game days and regularly handle advance ticket sales on non-game days.
- Responsible for helping to close box offices in-game and on non-game days, which includes cashing out ticket window staff and ensuring balancing accuracy with cash and other reporting items.
- Assist in providing and maintaining a workplace culture that is challenging and rewarding by helping to train, coach, and develop seasonal staff where opportunities arise during each shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
Minimum Education and Experience
- Applicants must be 18+ years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, or equivalent military experience.
- College experience preferred, high school diploma or equivalent required.
- Computerized ticketing experience preferred, particularly the Tickets.com operating system.
- Previous experience and training in customer service, retail sales, cash handling or banking, very desirable.
- Previous supervisory experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Must be a demonstrated leader for the department, modeling the behavior expected for Washington Nationals employees.
- Must be highly efficient with our ticketing system, Microsoft programs and other computer and on-line tools.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with focus of delivering exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic with an innate sense of urgency and tenacity.
- Possess the ability to multi-task, problem solve, and learn quickly to efficiently handle and succeed in rapidly changing business conditions.
- Team oriented attitude, relationship building, professional demeanor and clean appearance.
- Available to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Successfully pass a pre-employment screening including background check.
- Fluently bi-lingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with large crowds. Employee may work at heights and will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. The employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, climb up/down stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
- Bachelors or better
How did you hear about this job?