Batting Practice Pitcher with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON · DC
Nationals Park plays host to numerous corporate and social events throughout the calendar year. As an enhancement, many of these events utilize the batting cages, bullpen, and the field. Event pitchers play a pivotal role in these by throwing batting practice, operating speed pitch stations, and perform other baseball related activities as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Throwing batting practice to Nationals Park internal and external event clients
- Operate a speed pitch station
- Occasionally umpire corporate and/or social softball games
- Ability to understand and follow directions from the event manager
- Ability to collaborate with other event pitchers to keep event timeline
- Provide a high level of professionalism while interacting with event clients and guests
- Need to have availability to work nights, weekends, and some afternoons throughout the calendar year
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Have played or coached baseball within the last 5 years
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Ability to pitch to a wide variety of skill and age levels
- Interact professionally and respectfully with event managers, as well as clients and guests
- Must have a general understanding of baseball rules and regulations
- Work well within a team setting
- Manage baseball stations within given event timeline, as designated by event manager
- Be knowledgeable about current Nationals Baseball Club news
- Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time
- Job requires employee to perform baseball activities for long periods of time
How did you hear about this job?