Authentics Associate - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
Washington Nationals jobs
Sports Jobs in WASHINGTON · DC
Retail/Licensing: Retail Merchandising
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Washington Nationals are actively searching for individuals who have a passion for serving others and are committed to excellence. Our mission is to create exceptional and memorable experiences for our guests. As a team member, you will gain life experiences that extend far beyond serving a great product, you will also develop your customer service and leadership skills as well as be a positive influence on the guests. The Authentics Associate will work directly with the Nationals Authentics program manager on game days and non-game days to facilitate the sale of authentic and game used items. This individual must maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity, protecting the privacy and confidential nature of working with high end buyers as well as professional athletes. The ideal candidate has exceptional organizational skills and a background in sports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Come to work with a positive attitude every day!
- Provide outstanding customer experience
- Sell merchandise utilizing Point of Sale (POS) registers
- Fulfill all orders, on both game days and non-game days
- Demonstrate knowledge of the brand
- Correctly identify products being displayed and sold
- Assist in the assessment of product needs/supplies
- Assist in the management of all inventory related to game-used and autographed memorabilia
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma/equivalent or equivalent military experience
- At least two years of retail sales experience. Preferred in a sports and entertainment concession environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Must be able to work 80% of the game days at Nationals Park during the season
- Must have a high degree of professionalism
- Knowledge and understanding of baseball
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 45 lbs
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.