ACCOUNTS PAYABLE COORDINATOR with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON, DC
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, the Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for the entire cycle of the accounts payable function such as invoicing, vouchering, and processing purchase orders. Deadlines are a critical factor in this position and time management and follow through to completion is required. Working with both internal and external customers in a pleasant and professional manner is also necessary. Strict adherence to policies and procedures are needed in Accounts Payable and it the duty of the Coordinator to make sure that they are followed.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares all basic AP vouchers and purchase orders for payment, including credit vouchers and charge-backs.
- Audits all vouchers, purchase orders, service requisitions and service orders for proper approvals.
- Prepares and update vendor payment schedules as required.
- Keys all voucher data into Great Plains and attaches all required backup and batches the work for final audit by the AP Manager for payment.
- Creates and maintains our recurring vendor schedules to ensure that payments are made timely and according to the due dates.
- Maintains the contract/lease term schedule and follows up with the necessary contacts when 6 months is remaining on the contract/lease to determine future actions.
- Answers vendor inquiries and resolves issues in an efficient and effective manner as needed.
- Liaison to Stadium Operations, Dream Foundation and Youth Baseball Academy, including vendor inquiry, processing invoices and research.
- Works with fellow AP staff in a team type atmosphere.
- Follows up with Department Managers to complete payment documentation as needed and assist them when necessary.
- Maintain purchase order and purchase request documentation – as noted but not limited to the following: matching receiving copies and package receipts.
- Maintain vendor statements and call vendors on any missing invoices and work with them to reconcile any outstanding payments or issues.
- Maintain credit applications – filling them out, getting approval and fax/scan/mail them out.
- Keeps the AP Manager informed of all tasks, especially those that may need additional assistance.
- Serve as back-up to the Purchasing Department as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by the Accounts Payable Manager, Director of Accounting, or Senior Director of Financial Reporting.
- BA/BS; 2-3 years of accounts payable experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills; Ability to interact with people of all different levels and backgrounds.
- Understands need for data integrity and pays attention to maintaining accurate and timely data.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with fellow employee(s).
- Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access. Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and/or frequently deal with difficult issues related to people or situations.
- The ability to influence, negotiate and gain commitment at all organizational levels.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Experience in Microsoft Great Plains Accounting System a plus.
- Team and/or sports experience.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
How did you hear about this job?