50/50 TICKET SELLER with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON, DC
The Washington Nationals Dream Foundation’s (Charity) 50/50 Raffle program is seeking enthusiastic, highly motivated, and philanthropic individuals to sell 50/50 Raffle tickets this summer at Nationals Park. 50/50 Raffle tickets are sold from gates open (2.5 hours before first pitch) until the middle of the 7th inning, offering employees a flexible evening and weekend schedule.
The 50/50 Raffle offers fans a chance to win big cash prizes while supporting charitable cornerstone programs in the District of Columbia. One lucky fan with the winning ticket number will win 50% of the Raffle proceeds, while the other half of the proceeds benefit the Washington Nationals Youth Baseball Academy and charity initiatives that serve District of Columbia residents. To date, the 50/50 Raffle has raised over $2.8 million dollars – don’t miss your chance to join this exciting team and start making a difference today.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell 50/50 Raffle tickets using a touch screen electronic handheld system to Nationals Park guests
- Act as ambassadors and spread awareness of the 50/50 Raffle and charity initiatives to our guests
- Accurately account for large amounts of cash and distribution of raffle tickets, which are reconciled after each shift
- Enthusiastically approach guests pre-game and in-game with sales pitches, raffle information, and charity information
- Clearly communicate and educate potential donors to the 50/50 raffle rules and procedures
- Responsibly deposit cash each shift and return all deposit slips to the 50/50 Raffle Supervisor at the end of each shift
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent or equivalent military experience.
- Must have prior cash handling experience.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have the ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays if necessary.
- Must be able to work a majority of home games.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interact positively with fans and other motivated, high-energy fundraising teammates.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and able to provide excellent customer service and hospitality.
- Interest in gaining knowledge within the sports industry preferred.
- Interest in sports philanthropy or non-profit fundraising preferred.
- This job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may need to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs.
- High School or better