2023 Retail Associate (Part-Time) - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
The Retail Sales Associate delivers an exceptional fan experience at Nationals Park by achieving goals related to sales, customer service, inventory maintenance, merchandising and loss prevention.
Pay rate: $18.00/hour
Perks: Starting this season, we are excited to roll out the following new benefits for our team members:
- Theme Park Discount: Members of our team are eligible to receive complimentary admission tickets to a local theme park.
- Specialty Ticket Offers: This season we will be offering additional opportunities to receive complimentary tickets to Nationals games and tours for you and your family.
- Retail Discounts: We will also be providing additional opportunities to shop at our main Team Store with a discount on merchandise.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding Guest Experiences customer service.
- Adhere to point of sale policies and procedures.
- Accurately check-in and process new merchandise (count, hang, ticket, organize, etc.).
- Merchandise products in a professional and organized manner.
- Process markdowns and ticket products as directed.
- Participate in physical inventories and periodic cycle counts.
- Maintain daily detailed communications with team leader.
- Participate in set-up and tear-down of fixtures and stands for events and games.
- Maintain a clean and organized selling location.
- Provide assistance and training for other team members when needed.
- Assist the Stand Supervisors or Retail Manager with coordination and execution of special projects as directed.
- Assure protection of company assets while adhering to corporate retail loss prevention policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma/equivalent or equivalent military experience
- At least two years of retail sales experience. Preferred in a sports and entertainment concession environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Must be able to work 80% of the game days and events at Nationals Park during the season.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic is a must.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Ability to work independently and responsibly in a fast paced environment.
- Computer knowledge and/or experience including but not limited to retail point of sale registers.
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours based upon business needs.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together
- Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.