2023 Box Office Ticket Seller (Part-Time) - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
The Ticket Seller position is a seasonal position that lasts throughout the baseball season. The Ticket Seller is responsible for maximizing individual ticket sales and revenue using the ticketing software, in addition to delivering exceptional customer service at the ticket windows. As a first point-of-contact for Nationals Park, it is critical that individuals are energetic and engaging and display a strong sales and service focus during all interactions. The representative is responsible for processing single game and future event ticket sales, along with processing and distributing Will Call tickets to visiting patrons. This position is also responsible for handling general customer service inquiries regarding policies, ballpark events, promotions and pricing.
Pay rate: $18.00/hour
Perks: Starting this season, we are excited to roll out the following new benefits for our team members:
- Theme Park Discount: Members of our team are eligible to receive complimentary admission tickets to a local theme park.
- Specialty Ticket Offers: This season we will be offering additional opportunities to receive complimentary tickets to Nationals games and tours for you and your family.
- Retail Discounts: We will also be providing additional opportunities to shop at our main Team Store with a discount on merchandise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet guests with energy, positivity, and enthusiasm, answering patron questions and directing them to all appropriate locations
- Clearly demonstrate and communicate a strong knowledge of promotions, discounts and pricing, and ballpark policies and procedures, etc.
- Remain highly engaged and deliver exceptional customer service in resolving patron conflicts and complaints
- Efficiently use the Tickets.com ticketing system to maximize ticket sales, print customer Will Call, and process requests for games, events, and parking at Nationals Park
- Troubleshoot ticketing related issues, including but not limited to, print-at-home tickets and Ballpark app navigation and system use
- Assist in daily box office upkeep and maintenance and setup and breakdown, including preparing outside stanchions for guest queuing
- Handle cash and credit payments of ticket orders and balance all payments, receipts, and vouchers nightly
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Applicants must be 18+ years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent required or equivalent military experience
- College experience preferred
- Previous customer service and retail sales experience, including prior cash handling
- Computerized ticketing experience preferred, particularly the Tickets.com operating system
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with focus of delivering exceptional customer service
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic with an innate sense of urgency and tenacity
- Possess the ability to multi-task, problem solve, and learn quickly to efficiently handle and succeed in rapidly changing business conditions
- Team oriented attitude, relationship building, professional demeanor and clean appearance
- Possess strong computer skills and comprehension of basic mathematics
- Available to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Successfully pass a pre-employment screening including background check
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction together.
- Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with large crowds. Employee may work at heights and will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. The employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, climb up/down stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch or sit and must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.