2023 Authentics Sales Associate (Part-Time) - Washington Nationals (WASHINGTON · DC)
The Authentics Sales Associate will work directly with the Nationals Authentics program to deliver an exceptional fan experience at Nationals Park through excellent customer service, as well as manage inventory of items, assess product needs, and fulfill all point-of-sale orders throughout the season (requests, pre-orders, gameday store, etc.).
This person must maintain a high degree of professionalism, protecting the privacy and confidential nature of working with professional athletes. The ideal candidate must have exceptional organizational skills, a background in sports, and strong customer service skills. Sports memorabilia knowledge is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sell merchandise to fans utilizing Point of Sale (POS) registers
- Provide outstanding customer experience
- Correctly identify products being displayed and sold
- Assist in the assessment of product needs/supplies
- Assist in the management of all inventory related to game-used and autographed memorabilia
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma/equivalent or equivalent military experience
- At least two years of retail sales experience. Preferred in a sports and entertainment concession environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Must be able to work 80% of the game days at Nationals Park during the season
- Must have a high degree of professionalism
- Knowledge and understanding of baseball
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 45 lbs
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Gameday Seasonal: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
All applicants for employment at the Washington Nationals are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or bona fide religious objections may be exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they are unable to be vaccinated.