2019 INTERN, CREATIVE SERVICES with Washington Nationals in WASHINGTON, DC
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Creative Services Intern will gain valuable experience working in marketing for a Major League Baseball team, assisting with various marketing initiatives including our advertising campaign, social media, concert promotion, game day initiatives and community events, in addition to the graphic design responsibilities. The position will be responsible for the high volume production of a wide range of design projects that support the sales, marketing and communications departments.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Duration of Internship: June to October
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Main function: organization and management of photo archive
- Assist graphic design team in layout, design, proofing of creative projects including sales/marketing collateral, publications, online, etc.
- Good working knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have graduated from an accredited college or university within the last 6 months.
- Pursuing a 4-year degree in Graphic Design or New Media.
- Graphic design graduate course work or a minimum of 1 year experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Authorized to work in the United States.
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Successfully pass a Background Investigation.
- Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
- Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Position may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
How did you hear about this job?