Job Overview: Grounds Maintenance Foreman
Reporting to the Head of Grounds and Assistant Grounds Managers, the Grounds Maintenance Foreman is responsible for communicating and instructing job tasks and field schedules to hourly grounds maintenance staff throughout the course of a workday. The Grounds Maintenance Foreman will have experience in professional baseball field maintenance and working knowledge of the equipment and tools needed to perform these duties to meet Major League Baseball (MLB) standards. This role will be responsible for overseeing grounds staff and ensuring grounds equipment is operated a respectful, safe, and appropriate manner.
- Act as point person on field for coaches and baseball operation staff to coordinate field changes made to daily schedule, as well as communicating weather updates to field and grounds staff to facilitate field needs
- Ensure grounds staff members are informed of daily field schedules and optimize staff scheduling across various workstations
- Monitor grounds staff’s daily work activities and report any equipment or property damage to managers
- Supervise and train staff on proper equipment and tool use, upholding MLB safety standards
- Assist the Grounds Managers in making daily, weekly, monthly work plans, assist with staff training, and schedule staff to meet the needs for planned maintenance
- Lead field projects and minor field renovations, ensuring projects are completed to meet organizational standards
- Assist with baseball field maintenance such as dragging, packing mounds and plates, batting practice and game setup, tarp pulls, etc.
- Collaborating with managers on any concerns or issues that that may arise within the scope of their job duties
- Report staff requirements and performance to their managers regularly
- Bending, carrying, climbing, crawling, crouching, grasping, kneeling, lifting up to 50 pounds (23 kg), pulling, pushing, running, sitting, standing, stooping, stretching, twisting and walking (up to 6 hours a day) to perform job tasks
- Exposure to various outdoor weather elements
- General technical and mechanical skills such as operating machinery and turf equipment; i.e. reel mowers, tractors/front-end loaders, sod cutters, forklifts, and lifts
- Previous experiencing managing and leading a team including tasks such as scheduling, directing work, and managing performance
- OSHA certification
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Legally able to work in the United States
- Valid drivers license
- Ability and willingness to perform key responsibilities listed above at our Player Development Complex and TD Ballpark location
- Ability and willingness to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and on-call shifts as required
- All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory background screening
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.