Texas League Careers
General Manager - Midland RockHounds (Midland · TX)
Midland RockHounds Jobs
Jobs in Midland · TX
Player Operations: General Manager
Diamond Baseball Holdings (DBH) was formed in 2021 to support, promote, and enhance Minor League Baseball through professional management, best practices, innovation, and investment.
DBH is seeking a General Manager for the Midland RockHounds, Double-A affiliate of the Oakland Athletics. Based in Texas, and reporting directly to the President, the GM will work closely with and take guidance from the President while leading the day-to-day operations of the team and managing the front office staff.
The GM will oversee all day-to-day business operations. This includes driving revenue generation and sales growth, expense, cost and margin control, as well as monthly and annual financial goal management. Most importantly, the GM is the leader of the team and staff. He or she is expected to create an environment of excellence for the internal staff and the team’s fans/customers.
With strategic direction and in partnership with the DBH executive team, the GM will lead the following:
- Develop marketing and promotional strategies, with a major focus on sales including corporate sponsorships, advanced group sales, season memberships, renewals and other revenue streams.
- Create and develop stakeholder relationships in the community for the RockHounds prosper long term.
- Develop, procure, and select all operational systems that support the business such as: ticketing systems, customer database system, IT needs, office operational needs, and overall ballpark operational needs that support and run all game-days.
- Work with DBH in all phases of running the franchise including retail/merchandising, food and beverage, stadium operations, media relations and team operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the team’s daily business and sales operations.
- Responsible for developing, forecasting and overseeing the annual operations budget and capital projects to ensure the facility operates efficiently and within budget.
- Responsible for managing the overall sponsorship revenues of the team. This includes identifying prospects, maintaining current sponsors, and generating new sponsorship revenues to support the team.
- Establish and monitor goals & objectives for all areas of operations to create a results-driven atmosphere.
- Responsible for ensuring that ticket sales team is trained and resourced to maximize sales opportunities and hit their revenue targets.
- Responsible for working in tandem with food and beverage vendor to ensure a premier customer experience.
- Manage and supervise all merchandising strategies.
- Oversee all sales related to stadium events and rentals.
- Develop inventive ideas to create or increase ballpark revenue streams for the team.
- Create and maintain a presence in the community through speaking engagements, attending social/business functions and engaging relationships with key political and business leaders.
- Act as a spokesperson for the team and stadium with the press and the public.
- Act as primary liaison with the [City or Leaseholder] on managing the lease relationship for the ballpark including long-term capital improvements and facility coordination/usage.
- Provide a unique and exciting experience to fans of the team.
- Manage any customer concerns, expectations, and issues as they come up.
- Work with MLB and the Team’s Major League Affiliate on baseball operations matters.
- Act as a leader, manager and mentor to all staff.
- Recruit and hire staff.
- Train new staff in operational and sales processes.
- Creating a culture of high performance and where employees enjoy their workplace.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years’ experience as a strong Assistant General Manager or General Manager with a proven track record of both management and sales success.
- Applicant track record must show a “major” in sales and management with a “minor” in ballpark operations.
- Individual sales experience in sponsorship and ticketing with a proven track record is a must.
- Previous experience developing and managing an operating budget required.
- Superior communication skills are a must.
- Strong sales instincts and the ability to learn from others.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to work long hours, including weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- The ability to lead others to achieve while teaching them the why’s and how’s.
- Recruiting and hiring experience a must.
- Experience developing junior level team players a must.
- Familiarity with computerized ticketing systems and all operational systems that run a ballpark is a must.
- Exceptional customer service skills required.
- Startup experiences a plus!
Physical Demands & Working Environment:
- Required to work long hours standing and walking around.
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching with arms and hands, climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, or crouching are all part of the position.
- Must be able to handle weather related elements such as rain and heat.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
What are your minimum salary expectations for this position?