Performance Science Assistant - Texas Rangers (Surprise · AZ)
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
JOB SUMMARY: The Texas Rangers are seeking assistant(s) to join our Performance Center team and gain knowledge and experience working in an elite baseball sport science environment. The ideal candidates(s) have a passion for winning through improving player development and performance, while enhancing player well-being through sport science. This position is based in Surprise, AZ during the 2024 season.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Effectively deliver biomechanical assessments, including setup, breakdown, and maintenance of biomechanics technology, comprehensive analysis for performance and injury risk assessment, and athlete monitoring.
- Perform day-to-day operations as it pertains to equipment functionality, data collection, processing, and analysis.
- Manage, organize, and integrate data into the organization’s database management system.
- Support sport science staff with responsibilities related to athlete evaluation, training, and performance along with ability to collaborate with on field staff effectively and efficiently.
- Design, development, and implement research protocols using various applied research technologies to assess and develop elite-level baseball talent.
- Maintain knowledge of current scientific literature with a commitment toward evidence-based protocols to ensure we are adapting properly to new scientific developments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Passion for sport science, possess an eagerness to learn new skills, strong work ethic, and attention to detail.
- A strong foundation in sport science including, but not limited to Biomechanics, Sports Medicine, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology, or similar field.
- Proficiency in statistical programming for signal processing, data analysis, and modeling (R, Python, SQL, Tableau, etc.) is preferred.
- Proficiency utilizing biomechanical equipment (Motion Capture, Force Plates, EMG, High Speed Video, IMUs).
- Trustworthy and expected to maintain the confidentiality of work materials and processes.
- Must be available full-time and willing to work long hours, including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!