Apprentice, Baseball Research & Development - Texas Rangers (Arlington · TX)
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
JOB SUMMARY: The Texas Rangers are seeking candidates for an Apprenticeship in Baseball Research and Development based in Arlington, TX. This position will be responsible for querying and analyzing data, developing, and maintaining analytical tools and models, and crafting engaging data visualizations to support decision-making. A creative mindset, and a passion for staying at the forefront of emerging technologies are highly desired qualifications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Query and report on data
- Build and maintain analytical tools, metrics & models
- Create compelling data visualizations and stories
- Research game changing ideas and concepts
- Present information to team leaders and organizational stakeholders
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, engineering, computer science, data science or related field
- Strong knowledge of baseball analytics and associated data & technologies
- Proficiency in SQL, R, Python, Tableau and/or other analytical tools
- Familiarity with concepts such as predictive modeling, cloud computing, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and Bayesian analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication as well as visualization skills
- Creative mindset, open-mindedness, and desire to work in a learning culture
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!