Senior Data Engineer - Texas Rangers (Arlington · TX)
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
JOB SUMMARY: The Texas Rangers are seeking a Senior Data Engineer in Baseball Operations based in Arlington, TX. This role will develop and maintain our databases and data warehouses. This position will be responsible for assembling and aggregating diverse data sets, ensuring data quality, and automating processes for optimal efficiency. Collaboration with data analysts and other developers will be essential in building scalable solutions that meet the needs of our organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Develop and maintain cloud based transactional databases and data warehouses
- Assemble and aggregate large, complex and diverse data sets
- Identify and implement internal process improvements with automation and optimization
- Build infrastructure for optimal ETL process from a variety of data sources and formats
- Develop automated data quality reporting tools and dashboards
- Work closely with data analysts and other developers to assist them in building optimal, scalable solutions
- Communicate with stakeholders and executives regarding data related technical issues as well as development of new data products
- All other duties as assigned.
- B.S. Degree or higher in engineering, computer science, data science, a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of industry relevant experience
- Professional experience in cloud computing, storage, and warehousing (AWS, GCP, Snowflake, etc.)
- Advanced programming background (Python, C#, etc.)
- Professional experience with SQL Server, Postgres SQL, or other SQL technologies
- Familiarity with relevant technologies such as Snowflake, Databricks, Wherescape, Apache Airflow, etc.
- Strong understanding of baseball analytics, data, & technologies
- Strong written, verbal, and visualization skills
- A creative mindset, open-mindedness, and desire to work in a learning culture
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!