Outside Events Intern
Status: Full Time, Seasonal
The Tennessee Smokies have an opening for an Outside Events Intern in the Outside Events Department. This position will report directly to the Outside Events Manager.
Duties are listed below but will not be limited to the following:
- Contribute with efforts to actively pursue and sell new special events at Smokies Stadium, including but not limited to rec sports leagues, business meetings and luncheons, receptions, car shows, holiday parties, showcases, clinics, youth tournaments, college and high school baseball games, road races, beer festivals, and batting cage rentals.
- Assist and support Special Events Manager in day-to-day tasks.
- Perform special event duties, such as checking and establishing setups for events and programs.
- Help to maintain and manage event databases, timelines and files.
- Support the management of the batting cage and event facility located at Smokies Stadium.
- Assist with developing and implementing marketing plans for various special events.
- Manage multiple social media accounts.
- Work all special events at Smokies Stadium.
- Lead and manage a select set of special events at Smokies Stadium.
- Attend networking events in the East Tennessee community.
- Other duties as needed as new events continue to arise.
Position pays a stipend per month. Some extended work hours and weekend hours are necessary.
- Minimum of a college degree or currently working on a college degree.
- Comfortable with making phone calls to clients / customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of social media and email marketing.
- Must possess an eagerness to learn with an exceptional work ethic.
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Experience with Photoshop or website design is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.