Team: Tennessee Smokies
Reports To: Head Groundskeeper
Compensation: Monthly $1,100 Stipend
Start Date: March 1st, 2020
Job Summary: This is a seasonal position that works under the Assistant Groundskeeper in the overall up-keep and field maintenance of Smokies Stadium, twenty minutes east of Knoxville, TN.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain field surface for Double-A Affiliate of the Chicago Cubs
- Upkeep of equipment and its safe operation
- Assist in rain delay procedures
- Maintain player and coach relations
- Safely perform all duties and responsibilities
- Work with supervisor to obtain goals
- Maintain grass seating area in center field
- Other responsibilities include working additional events (concerts, college tournaments, non-Smokies baseball games, etc.).
- Must be positive and enthusiastic about working for the Smokies and the Cubs
- Must have the ability to do heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.) and deal with all kinds of weather conditions.
- 40hrs a week, start time will be based on team needs and schedule.
Contact The head groundskeeper
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.