ABOUT THE SMOKIES: The Tennessee Smokies are the proud Double-A Affiliate of the Chicago Cubs. The Smokies play in ‘America’s Friendliest Ballpark,’ Smokies Stadium, located 20 minutes outside of Knoxville. The Smokies were recognized by Baseball America as the 2018 Bob Freitas Award winner in all Double-A Affiliations. The Bob Freitas Award recognizes organizational excellence and has been presented by Baseball America annually since 1999. The Tennessee Smokies operated under Boyd Sports, LLC.
DESCRIPTION: The Finance Intern will support the Finance Team for the Tennessee Smokies, Johnson City Doughboys, Greeneville Flyboys, Elizabethton River Riders, and Kingsport Axmen. The Finance Intern will report to the Director of Finance and work closely with all department leads to ensure financial data integrity.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly and weekly financial reports for all Teams / entities
- Provide data analytics and support for Management requests as needed
- Develop and utilize spreadsheets and other computer applications
- Assist Finance Team with game day cash room duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of the basic principles and practices of accounting and financial analysis
- Should have good written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel
- Good problem-solving skills, data entry, and knowledge of computer / office equipment
- Candidates must be enthusiastic, self-driven, and willing to learn - Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines - Willingness to work all Tennessee Smokies home games, to include flexible hours, nights, weekends and holidays
START DATE: On or near beginning of April 2023
END DATE: On or near end of September 2023
SALARY: Internship - Monthly Stipend
For inquiries and submissions, contact Director of Finance, Paul Makres, [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.