Rocket City Trash Pandas
2019 Job Position Listing
BallCorps, LLC, owner and operator of the Rocket City Trash Pandas, Double-A affiliate of the Los Angeles Angels, is searching for an experienced accountant to assist and report to the director of finance.
The Rocket City Trash Pandas will commence play in April 2020 in Minor League Baseball’s newest stadium, located in the fastest-growing market in the southeastern United States, Huntsville/Madison, Alabama.
The assistant accountant will be responsible for all the Trash Pandas’ aspects of organizational accounting, reporting, recording, financial analysis and managing payments. The ideal candidate will exhibit proficiency in accounting software such as Quickbooks to process business transactions, like recording accounts, reconciliation reviewing invoices, preparing bank deposits, filing, billing, payable invoices, and distributing reports to appropriate departments.
The assistant accountant is required to adhere to the mission and values of BallCorps, LLC and the Rocket City Trash Pandas Baseball Club.
To perform this job successfully, the assistant accountant must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position:
- Leadership - inspires and motivates others to perform well and accepts feedback from others. Maintains sound relationship building skills. Demonstrates ability to establish credibility and be decisive, while being able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Creative Thinking - demonstrates the ability to devise new ways to carry out tasks, solve problems and meet challenges, bringing a fresh, and sometimes unorthodox, perspective to the job by looking at something in a new way, or “thinking outside the box.” Creativity in this sense involves lateral thinking, or the ability to perceive patterns that are not obvious.
- Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in both positive or negative situations, demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication.
- Judgment - displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and makes timely decisions.
- Analytical - synthesizes complex or diverse information and demonstrates strong analytical skills.
- Problem solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Organizational – demonstrates ability to keep work organized, correctly prioritize tasks, and focus on different projects without getting disoriented or lost, ultimately increasing productivity and efficiency.
- Planning - prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Time Management – uses time management skills to design employee work schedules and manage multiple tasks at once.
- Quality Management - looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Experience in department management with a proven track record of managing multiple operations with the same overall goal.
- Customer Service – identifies every customer as the most important party in every interaction and treats each customer with respect.
- At least three years of accounting experience.
- Proficient in computer operations including Excel, Word, social media and database applications.
- $35,000 to $45,000 annually, commensurate with experience.