Join us and make a difference every day!
At The Pensacola Wahoos stadium it’s all about creating fun and memorable moments. True to our mission, we work as a team to improve the quality for life for the people in the community that we serve and are always looking for ways to make a positive impact on everyone who enters the stadium.
Our receptionist gets to make a first impression on everyone who walks in the front office each day so we’re looking for someone with a friendly personality that loves to smile and be helpful. Whether it’s a fellow team member coming into work, or a customer who needs help getting game tickets or finding the gift shop, our receptionist should be a bright moment in their day.
The Wahoos are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes health coverage, paid time off, a Wellness program and access to our Employee Assistance Program. Not to mention the stadium sits in the heart of downtown Pensacola along the bay with a beautiful view you’ll enjoy seeing every day.
In addition to greeting people who visit our office, we need someone who is organized and helpful that can get things done to keep the team and the front office running smoothly.
You’d make a great Receptionist/Office Assistant if you:
- Are friendly and helpful in a professional way.
- Enjoy working as a team.
- Have a focus on quality and take pride in your work.
- Are open to learning new things.
- Can keep cool and calm in a fast-paced, energetic work environment.
- Are organized, detail-oriented and can maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Have great communications skills.
- Are proficient in Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint and generally computer savvy.
A day in the life of…
- Greet customers and team members. Help them get where they need to go.
- Keep our front office lobby welcoming and accessible. Includes opening and closing each day, watering plants, maintaining decor, tidying up as needed.
- Answer our phones - answer questions and direct calls to who can best help them
- Maintain the office supplies we use and communicate purchases to finance.
- Oversee and manage our office equipment such as phone system, copiers, printers, the postage machine, etc. - and keeping them running with supplies and repairs as needed. Submitting equipment usage reports to finance monthly.
- Ensure the reception desk is covered on home game nights. Find the workers, communicate expectations to them, manage timecards and submitting to HR.
- Receive, sort, and forward incoming and outgoing mail and packages. Coordinate scheduled pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.,) and share related reports with internal departments and external partners.
- Help the Wahoos President and other team members in the office with things like
- Creating and updating spreadsheets and documents, photocopying, faxing, filing.
- Prepping meeting agendas; take minutes as requested
- Schedule meetings and reserving meeting rooms
- Book Air, Hotel, and Car Rental business travel
- Help new team members get set-up in time clock system
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED and at least one year of experience in an office support environment preferred.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position. Typically 20 hours a week.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.