The EVP/GM will lead and be responsible for the overall day-to-day business operations, strategy, tactics and P&L for Pensacola Blue Wahoos in Pensacola, FL, as well as represent and be a very prominent “cheerleader” and advocate for the Blue Wahoos Baseball team within the community. This position will also be the primary liaison between business operations and baseball operations. The EVP/GM will lead the creation and implementation of an annual business plan to ensure a high net promoter score in fan experience and groups. This individual will grow topline revenue in sponsorship, game attendance and non-baseball events.
- Develop customized sponsorship programs using inventory controlled by the organization to generate net revenue and meet the needs of clients
- Direct staff, including professional development, motivation, performance evaluation, discipline, compensation, personnel policies, and procedures
- Oversee all other executives and staff within the organization
- Manage the affiliate relationship of the Blue Wahoos Baseball team
- Direct the organization's financial goals, objectives, and budgets
- Develop and manage the stadiums operations year round
- Implement the organization's guidelines on a day-to-day basis
- Develop and implement strategies and set the overall direction of a certain area of the company or organization
- Develop and maintain relationships with other associations, industry, and government officials that are in the best interest of the organization
- Demonstrate resourcefulness in the ability to achieve results in the most effective manner In partnership with Studer Entertainment &Retail President, serve as the key point of contact for MiLB office on business matters, participate in league calls and meetings as appropriate, and lead responses to league requests as needed
- Other related duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Successful track record and experience thriving in a matrixed, shared services, highly collaborative business model
- Collaboration, integration and inclusion are crucial abilities for this role
- Experience across various business disciplines including strategy, brand leadership, digital and social media, CRM, sales and operations
- Experience in developing and executing business plans and delivering results in a high-growth, start-up environment
- Knowledge of and passion for the sport of baseball and a deep understanding of the various segments of baseball fans
- Experience in leading creative development and in driving consistent execution across various consumer touchpoints
- Experience using data and analytics to gain deep understanding of customers and their behaviors across various touch points
- Experience with membership-related activities including loyalty programs, reducing customer churn, nurturing current members, and recruiting new members
- Ability to develop effective marketing strategies and integrated business plans and to drive successful execution to deliver business results
- Ability to lead diverse teams, contractors, and agencies in strategy development, production, and creative development to achieve outstanding results
- Ability to manage multiple work streams simultaneously and to prioritize among competing initiatives
- Ability to articulate a point of view and to influence across the organization
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving start-up environment and the ability to wear multiple hats when necessary to get the job done
Education and Experience
Minimum five years of executive sports industry leadership and strategic planning experience. Experience working with professional sports teams and/or leagues is preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or equivalent preferred.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours will vary to include evening and weekend work according to business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The key physical requirements of this position include the ability to walk and stand for an extended period of time, lift up to 30 pounds, and the use of standard office equipment including computers.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.