Job Title: Technical Director
Reports To: Marketing & Promotion Manager
Employee Type: Seasonal
Status Type: Part-Time
Compensation: Hourly rate
Rate Range: Varies
It's our goal to make our guests’ experience at Regions Field as pleasant and enjoyable as possible. To achieve this, our employees need to be professional, courteous, pleasant, reliable, dependable and well-groomed. Our employees should be willing to go above and beyond to help make our guests feel welcome and always have a smile on their face.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Technical Director to provide excellent game entertainment to our patrons. An ideal candidate constantly strives to improve the fan experience and inserts creativity and excellence into the presentation for fans. * Must have a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays*
- Excellent customer service while maintaining the highest standards of quality and cleanliness
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail and ability to work in a high paced environment
- Ability to maintain a neat, clean & professional appearance
- Coordinates the efforts of all technical operations during Birmingham Barons games.
- Executes error-free commands for camera cuts, effects, graphics, and takes; Executes video transitions and special effects; Checking and switching between video sources during the broadcast
- Works with Marketing & Promotions Manager and Production Assistant to deliver a clean and high energy broadcast.
- Tests and troubleshoots cameras and replay feed to ensure proper operation prior to each Barons game.
- Capturing game play and assisting with fan engagement elements
- Produce simultaneous entertaining shows for the fans in the park, as well as the suites & party areas
- Maintain and cultivate an environment of creativity and positivity
- Previous experience as a technical director (2 years minimum)
- Preferred experience serving as a technical director for live sporting events
- Knowledge of Cameras, Click Effects, Blackmagic, and Replay Systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be flexible and capable of handling multiple assignments and personalities
- Must work well under pressure
- Previous experience in sports production, and general knowledge of baseball a plus.
General Physical Requirements:
- Ability to stand for up to 5+ hours during a game
- Ability to work long hours, weekends & holidays
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions, including but not limited to rain and heat
- Ability to maintaining the highest standards of food safety, food quality and cleanliness
The Birmingham Barons are the proud Double-A affiliate of the Chicago White Sox. For ticket information, game schedule, promotions calendar or for additional information about Regions Field, visit barons.com or call (205) 988-3200. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.