The Head Groundskeeper is responsible for repairing and maintaining the MGM Park playing surface and its surrounding components as a safe, first-class baseball field by performing daily turf, dirt and water management; game preparation and short and long-term maintenance planning. Position requires minimal supervision and many times working alone.
- Ideal candidate will have an Associates or Bachelor's degree in Sports Turf Management or a related field.
- 1-2 year’s previous experience maintaining a baseball field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of the field and surrounding areas.
- Oversees and implements budget, staffing and procurement process within established guidelines.
- Upkeep with equipment and its safe operation.
- Maintain player relations to ensure their safety.
- Safely perform all duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to do heavy lifting (up to 70 lbs.).
- Must have the ability to maneuver quickly and easily under changeable situations.
- Ability to quickly pull tarps and other related equipment on and off field.
- Ability to safely operate lightweight vehicles.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.