The Winston-Salem Dash is the High-A affiliate of the Chicago White Sox and are searching for highly motivated individuals who are currently enrolled in a Sports Turf/Horticulture program or similar, to join our Grounds Crew.
A member of the South Atlantic League, the Dash play their home games at Truist Stadium located in Winston-Salem, NC.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist in maintaining the playing surface at Truist Stadium including but not limited to turf areas, infield dirt, mound and home plate areas, bullpens, and warning track
- All cultural practices such as aerifying, verti-cutting, top dressing, edging, and fertility program
- Irrigation maintenance and repair
- Assist with field tarp and weather-related situations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Preferred experience in Baseball, but not required
- Strong time-management skills
- Good interpersonal skills and able to professionally interact with coaches, players and team personnel
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Available to work weekends, holidays, and nights based on schedule
- Preferred availability is April 1 through October 1 but flexible
** Any individual interested in applying should send an email and resume to Head Groundskeeper, Josh Leo at [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.