Account Executive with West Virginia Power Baseball Team in Charleston · WV
West Virginia Power Baseball Team jobs
Sports Jobs in Charleston · WV
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
The West Virginia Power are currently searching for an enthusiastic individual to join our staff at Appalachian Power Park as a Ticket Sales Account Executive to assist in the sale of season and mini ticket packages, groups and hospitality. This is your opportunity to start your career as a sports sales superstar. Must be willing to cooperate and work well with all other areas of the organization.
The position is seasonal, starts in March 2020 and pays an hourly wage plus commission on all sales. It is the ideal position for someone looking for their first step into professional sports.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Include, but are not limited to:
- Sell and service group tickets, season tickets and mini-ticket packages
- Maintain a 75 calls per day volume as well as an aggressive sales and meetings schedule.
- Meet a personal sales revenue budget by developing new relationships and growing existing relationships.
- Not be afraid to pick-up the phone and make the calls necessary to exceed expectations.
- Set appointments with key decision makers in the community to assess the opportunity and develop partnerships.
- Consistently utilize the ticketing system and other data sources to generate leads and organize sales call efforts.
- Attend community events and assist in outside events as needed
- Implement the team’s ticket sales strategy
- Implement group theme nights and promotions
- Administer superior customer service for clients year-round
- Assist with additional duties and tasks as assigned
Knowledge and Skills
- Possesses a friendly and professional telephone manner
- Strong verbal and listening skills
- Strong desire to start a career in the sports industry
- Works well in a team environment
- Demonstrates a positive and professional attitude at all times
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule (evenings and weekends)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have previous ticket/group/hospitality sales experience?
Do you understand that this is an hourly/seasonal position?