This position is a great way for a young executive looking to break into the sports field to gain valuable, hands-on experience working in a professional Box Office for a top organization.
Job Summary – Essential Functions
The Box Office Assistant will receive top-notch sales training and be responsible for maximizing revenue through the sale of Lakewood BlueClaws ticket packages. This includes Membership Plans, Season Tickets, Group Outings, and Single-Game Tickets. The Assistant will also be able to work elsewhere around the stadium while earning significant experience during BlueClaws games themselves. The result of this program is to prepare every assistant to become a full-time executive in the professional sports industry. This is an excellent opportunity to take the first step in a career in sports. College Graduates only.
Duties & responsibilities:
· Make required sales calls on Game Days and Non-Game Days
· Work all 70 home games
· Prospecting local and regional businesses and households to inform and sell variety of BlueClaws season ticket plans, mini plans, group outings and other ticket programs
· Assist in creating and selling new Theme Nights
· Set up appointments outside the office to present BlueClaws ticket programs
· Work the box office, answering phones, working the window and processing individual ticket orders
· Set up Ballpark before each home game
· Participate in account services such as seat selection and plan selections
· Assist and support directors and sales managers with projects
· Maintain ticket database/records for all current clients
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
· Six months of sales experiences (customer service experiences is a plus)
· Excellent time management and organizational skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and CRM systems
· Highly motivated person with strong aspiration to learn and succeed
· Experience in a sports-related field preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited university or college, or equivalent knowledge, experience and professional training.
· This position pays $8.85 per hour.
· Housing is not provided. If you will not be living in the area from January through September of 2019, please do not apply for this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.