Operations Intern with Lexington Legends in Lexington · KY
Lexington Legends jobs
Sports Jobs in Lexington · KY
The Lexington Legends Baseball Club, single A affiliate of the KC Royals, is seeking an energetic and responsible individual for the position of Operations Intern for the 2020 baseball season. This is a paid seasonal position with a start date in March 2020 and a TBD end date of sometime in September 2020.
- Set up Whitaker Bank Ballpark daily for all events
- Work closely with VP of Operations to ensure stadium meets all safety regulations
- Assist with scheduling of all event personnel
- Assist with training and managing of event staff
- Assist with training and supervision of cleaning crew
- Assist with the execution of Marketing/ Community Relations efforts of the Legends
- Assist with training, supervision & scheduling of 2020 Intern Team
- Assist with training, supervision of F&B division
This internship is designed to give students a complete season of venue management. From baseball, concerts and special events this internship provides students with incredible learning opportunities. If a career in sports is your goal, this internship is extremely valuable.
- Current College Student
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills and customer service skills
- Self-motivation and ability to take initiative
- Strong leadership skills… with a lead by example attitude
- Ability to work all home games and other various stadium events throughout the season
- Desire for career in the sports industry
- Ability to work full-time starting March through September
Special Physical Requirements of the Job/Working Conditions:
- Ability to work long hours and weekends
- Routinely exposed to extreme hot/cold weather conditions
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
When are you available to start?