Head Grounds Keeper with Lexington Legends in Lexington · KY
Lexington Legends jobs
Sports Jobs in Lexington · KY
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Grounds Crew/Turf Management
This position is responsible for entire operation, both preparation and maintenance of the playing field at Whitaker Bank Ballpark. This position also maintains grounds equipment, player batting cage, dug outs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the playing field to include, mowing, mound and home plate repair, skin-area and infield preparation, fertilization, spraying, and insect control
- Maintain a professional and safe playing surface
- Assist with batting practice set-up and tear down, infield tarp deployment and removal, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining BP field equipment, batting cages, dugouts
- Operate and maintain all equipment in a safe manner and keep in excellent working condition.
- Orders/maintains field supplies needed through the season
- Service accounts and partners related to grounds keeping, including those involving field maintenance equipment.
- Prepares for inclement weather and coordinates tarp pulls with front office staff/interns
- Responsible for preparation of field for special events
- Effectively manage a budget as assigned by Management that will include, supplies, equipment and game day labor cost.
- Recruit, hire, supervise, schedule, mentor and train seasonal part-time game day staff
- Maintains relevant paperwork
- Other duties as requested or required
- Knowledge of horticulture theories and principles, or
- Knowledge of turf management practices and principles or related discipline
- Appropriate certifications and/or licenses to handle chemicals as necessary
- Knowledge of equipment used in horticulture/landscape such as lawn mowers, tractor, utility gators, edger, scissor lift and other appropriate power tools.
- Good organizational skill and must be able to work unsupervised
- Creative, artistic and detail oriented
- Ability to perform physical labor
Physical Demands & Working Environment:
- Required to work long hours standing and walking around.
- Ability to do heavy lifting (up to 70 lbs.).
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching with arms and hands, climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, or crouching are all part of this position.
- Must be able to handle weather related elements such as rain and heat.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have any field turf experience ?
When are you available to start?