The Kannapolis Intimidators are a Single-A affiliate of the Chicago White Sox and member of the South Atlantic League. The Intimidators are entering an exciting time with the rapid growth happening in the greater Charlotte area and a new Stadium being planned for 2020. And now the team is looking to assemble a front office that is progressive, and driven to take the Intimidators to the next level while establishing the team as a model franchise for the present and future of Minor League Baseball. The Finance Manager position will be an instrumental piece of our future and the culture we are seeking to build. Candidates must have strong organizational, analytical, and leadership skills, along with high character, and progressive mindset.
The Finance Manager will manage all phases of financial analysis, accounting and budgeting. The Finance Manager will work closely with the team President, and ownership.
- Work directly with team President and Ownership to provide operational reports and analysis.
- Manage all aspects of the day-to-day accounting processes including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and general ledger.
- Prepare, track and analyze annual budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare and manage journal entries and related analysis as part of monthly and year-end financial close process, including preparation of P&L reports and variance explanations.
- Prepare weekly and monthly financial forecasts for comparison to budget.
- Daily reconciliation of cash and credit card transactions.
- Ensure a timely and accurate month end closing process.
- Manage the weekly disbursement of payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Analyze monthly balance sheet and P&L figures to prepare comments and expose performance trends.
- Oversee the cash room during all home games.
- Special Projects and other miscellaneous department related duties as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned by the President/GM.
- Accounting or Finance degree from 4-year college or university and at least 2+ years of comparable work experience.
- Must have experience with business planning, budgeting and analysis.
- Must possess excellent oral, written and listening communication skills and the ability to prioritize and execute in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues independently and drive them to closure with minimal supervision.
- Handle confidential information in a professional and discreet manner.
- Possess a positive, professional demeanor, and will be a self-starter seeing projects through to completion.
- Proficient in MS Excel and QuickBooks.