Director of Retail Operations with Kannapolis Intimidators in Kannapolis, NC
The Kannapolis Intimidators are a Single-A affiliate of the Chicago White Sox and member of the South Atlantic League. The Intimidators are entering an exciting time with the unveiling of a new brand identity in the fall, coinciding with the relocation to a new downtown ballpark in 2020. The team is assembling a Front Office that is driven to succeed and establish Kannapolis baseball as a model franchise for Minor League Baseball.
Status: Full-Time / Salary & Benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage)
Hours: October-March: Normal business hours with supplemental engagement at community and special events April-September: Flexibility to work additional nights and weekends beyond normal business hours
- Develop and execute a profitable merchandise and retail strategy for the new Kannapolis baseball brand identity
- Oversee all merchandise procurement and pricing with a customer-focused and revenue generating mindset
- Continually monitor product sales, inventory trends, and pricing margins to ensure targeted profitability projections
- Manage, analyze, and enhance all aspects of the Online Team Store
- Maintain relationships with Minor League Baseball licensing department and merchandise vendors
- Identify new trends, innovations, and concepts that can be incorporated into product offerings and retail strategy
- Create relationships with little leagues and other retail opportunities outside the Kannapolis/Charlotte market
- Develop marketing plans that effectively promote merchandise sales through existing marketing platforms
- Design and rotate store layouts and kiosk placements with the goal of maximizing revenue streams
- Coordinate storage and monitor physical security of all merchandise inventory
- Recruit, train, and effectively lead a team of seasonal retail employees
- Manage and master the Point-of-Sale system used for merchandise
- Develop processes and reports for retail functions such as inventory management, loss prevention, and purchasing
- Assist with ordering of all on-field apparel and uniform combinations for team
- Provide exceptional customer service with every guest, partner, and client interaction
- Other team-related duties as directed by the General Manager and Assistant General Manager
- Required - Minimum (3) years experience within retail management, purchasing, and inventory control
- Preferred - Experience in professional sports and a high-volume retail operation
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited university or college
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
- Required to work long hours standing and walking around
- Sitting, reaching with arms and hands, climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, and/or crouching are all part of this position
- Must be able to handle weather related elements such as rain and heat
How did you hear about this job?
What interests you most about this particular position with the Kannapolis Intimidators?
How does this position fit in with your long-term goals?
Provide an example of a trend, innovation, or concept that you successfully incorporated into past role within retail operations.