Special Events Assistant - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers (Kannapolis · NC)
Kannapolis Cannon Ballers jobs
Sports Jobs in Kannapolis · NC
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
OVERVIEW: The Kannapolis Cannon Ballers are a Single-A affiliate of the Chicago White Sox and a thriving special event venue. After an exciting year of hosting almost 100 events at Atrium Health Ballpark, the Cannon Ballers are seeking a quick-learning and detail-driven candidate who has a passion for event planning. The Special Events Assistant will play a critical role by coordinating and executing non-gameday events, assisting in administrative and office duties, and learning the process of selling an event.
- Assist the Director of Special Events in all areas relating to selling and executing events or meetings at Atrium Health Ballpark on non-gamedays.
- Contribute to the marketing content to actively pursue and sell new special events at Atrium Health Ballpark, including but not limited to business meetings, luncheons, wedding receptions, graduations, holiday parties, birthdays, and batting cage rentals.
- Assist and support the Director of Special Events with general operations including, but not limited to, contract management, invoicing and billing, event planning and execution, set up of each space, and more.
- Help to maintain and manage the TripleSeat online booking platform.
- Lead and manage a select set of special events at Atrium Health Ballpark.
- Support department leaders on large internal events including Valentine’s Day Weekend, Oktoberfest, Field of Honor, and Trees of Hope.
- Other duties assigned as assigned by the Director of Special Events, General Manager, Assistant General Manager, or new events that continue to book.
- Minimum of a college degree or currently working on a college degree
- Comfortable making phone calls to clients/customers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn event planning programs
- Must possess an eagerness to learn with an exceptional work ethic
- Self-starter with a positive attitude and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Must be willing to work long hours including holidays, weekends, and weeknights
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail
- Due to the dynamic nature of the business, multi-tasking skills and the ability to think on the fly are a must
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Prolonged periods of standing, walking, and pulling. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time. Ability to work outdoors and in a variety of weather conditions.
COMPENSATION: Hourly from December 2021 to November 2022
The Kannapolis Cannon Ballers and Temerity Baseball are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
1. What makes an event successful and how do you measure that success?
2. How do you stay organized?
3. What is your greatest achievement?