Director, Partnership Sales
The Director, Partnership Sales primary responsibility will be to sell corporate sponsorships to local, regional, & national companies as well as assisting in the activation process for all clients. The Director, Partnership Sales will also be responsible for the overall strategy of the department from both a sales and service standpoint. This position will collaborate with the Manager, Corporate Partnerships and Activation in the planning and execution of all sponsorship initiatives.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sell and service corporate partnerships, season ticket packages & group events
- Conduct frequent market research to identify new leads and sales opportunities
- Analyze each client’s needs by asking a series of qualifying questions and performing a needs analysis
- Attend networking & community events to help establish a strong sales pipeline
- Report weekly & monthly sales figures
- Meet or exceed individual and team sales goals
- Create and maintain quality relationships with parties that directly impact the sales processes (DigiDeck, ZoomInfo, etc.)
- Create and enforce sales guidelines for all staff
- Lead weekly corporate sales meetings (sales updates, training, brainstorming, etc.)
- Strategize on overall direction of department to include sales, service, analytics, and development
- Ability to create great professional relationships with clients
- Lead the activation and execution of all sponsorship deliverables pre-game, in-game and post-game
- Lead the strategic planning and implementation of all sponsorship initiatives
- Lead the development of inventory pricing and sponsorship materials from year-to-year
- Assist in establishing individual and team sales goals
- Submit year-end sponsorship sales reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of full-time B2B and B2C sales experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year of management/leadership experience.
- Sports sponsorship sales experience preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of CRM platforms and ticketing systems (i.e. TicketMaster, KORE, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of DigiDeck and ZoomInfo a plus
- Proven ability to be a leader and generate revenue in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service to varying levels of clients.
- Strong understanding of strategic analysis as it pertains to the sales process.
- Ability to think “outside of the box” when customizing a sales proposal.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Outstanding work-ethic, confidence and creativity.
- Display strong interpersonal skills and the ability to create and maintain solid working relationships with all staff.
- Competitive with an eagerness to exceed personal and team sales goals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
About the Renegades:
The Hudson Valley Renegades are the High-A Affiliate of the New York Yankees, located just 75 miles north of New York City in the Hudson Valley region of New York State. Since 1994, the Renegades have been serving the Hudson Valley communities while playing in the New York Penn League having affiliations with the Texas Rangers (1994-1996) and the Tampa Bay Rays (1996-2020).
The Renegades are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.